Saturday, November 10, 2012

Berries & Leaves Challenge Entry

I've recently joined a fabulous group of creative and talented women on the new Artisan Whimsy website. I've found it to be friendly, inspiring, warm and inviting and am excited to be a participant! 

While browsing through the site I came across their "Berries and Leaves" jewelry and component challenge. I've had a coupled of holiday themed designs in mind for the last few weeks and figured this is a great opportunity to take the leap and actually enter a challenge. So yes, this is my first time and I'm a tingle with anticipation!

Below is a picture of the bracelet I hand-beaded for this fun challenge. It's made with Japanese seed beads, Nymo thread and embellised with Czech glass faceted beads on the handmade toggle closure. I've named it "Holly Berry" and it fits up to a 7.5" wrist. 

"Holly Berry" Bracelet



If you love making jewelry or jewelry components come join us on Artisan Whimsy  and consider entering the "Berries and Leaves" challenge as well! Entries can be made up to November 29, 2012. Bring your holiday bling and let's share a mug of spiced cider as we enjoy all our beautiful handiwork together.

To view a gallery of my work go to either: (purchases can be made from the Facebook page, just message me for details)


5 comments:

  1. Great berries and such detailed bead work! Lovely festive holiday berry bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! I was glad to have an excuse to get one of the ideas floating around in my head into an actual piece :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete